Saturday, July 16, 2005

Back from Tassie!

Hi Eug & gang. It's only when you leave the city for an extended period of time that you realise just how much stuff is going on, and how much stuff we have around us that cries out for attention. Not to mention forced stuff that is expected of us.

I guess it could be seen as escapism - to run to the bush as often as life will allow - but I see it as just the opposite. There is no better place I have found for reflection and peace, while connecting meaningfully with people you've just met.

There are a lot of cliches that could fill this space, but I'll just submit a photo and let your imaginations do the talking. Remember that a photo never, ever does justice to the mindboggling size of the scene.



My wilderness companions have written me a list of "must-sees", so I might borrow some DVDs one thursday and actually turn up around 8:30 so we can watch a whole movie. I do look forward to thursdays...bcnu this week!

Love,
Carl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home