Wednesday, January 18, 2006

And another thing...

Thursday the 26th Jan, aka (yes, Jen, pronounced 'akka', as opposed to the old school A.K.A) Australia Day:

Pull on your stubbies, and set forth to the bottle-o to buy a fat pig, or better yet, some grog. Then you can haul yourself over to my place, jiggety jig, where we will figuratively chuck some prawns on the barby, and literally put sausages on it.

There will be all manner of cool things to expect:
Bored? Well, we'll have boredgames [sic] just for you. Bring some along, if you are so inclined.
Angry? We could have a cross word or two.
Sober? If you BYO I'll accompany you to your enibriated state (conditions apply*), it is an Aussie tradition after all!
Hungry? Please bring a plate to share, with some food on it would be favourite. Pack-o-chips or dip or dessert or whatever, doesn't have to be big/fancy. I was going to attempt a pun about Vegemite here, but couldn't think of one, so here's the challenge: you can think of your own and comment it at the end of this post. We'll have a vote on the day to see who wins. (Hey, AJ, did you like how I turned 'comment' into a transitive verb!!)

My back yard
12pm (ie, noon, not midnight)
BYO: grog, meat, plate to share, boardgames if you wish.

Hope to see you there.

PS.please let me know if you are coming. You can bring a friend if you want, but anyone rocking up with a possie of UPCs (unidentifyable party crashers) will be in dire straights, and I'm not talking about the band!

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie!

*No pressuring ppl to drink; no spewing; you WILL be held accountable!

6 Comments:

Blogger Hooch said...

jingle jingle.



my word verification is: egxgrd. sort of like: exaggerated, but not quite....

19/1/06 20:07  
Blogger Hooch said...

'twould be hella cool if ppl felt like bringing instruments, ie. guitars etcetera. (*cough*, Pip's accordion, *cough*)

Hey Will, my word verification is 'jazqpp' - have you been tampering with blogger?

20/1/06 11:10  
Blogger Erica said...

I'll be there, with a "friend". That friend's name is guitar! We've been having a steamy affair for some time now.

20/1/06 18:41  
Blogger Hooch said...

hmm....I'd like to meet this friend. Hope to become acquianted ere long....

22/1/06 10:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shall be attending your Aust Day BBQ, so no need to stress. It wud be good if some of the other astro dudes come too though, maybe i'll give them a call if I remember.

Andrew

23/1/06 01:00  
Blogger Hooch said...

awesome to see you there unemployed man.

31/1/06 00:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home