Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chai Tea

I know recipes are more Erica's thing, but I found my friend Judith's recipe for Chai Tea and seeing as it's delicious I thought I'd share so then we can all 'chai' to make it.

She hasn't given me many measures, so I s'pose it's one of those use your intuition and experiment ordeals:

Chai
Ingredients
Cinnamon Sticks + Powder
Ground Cardamon Pods + also use Cardamon Powder
Fresh Ginger - grated
2 or 3 Cloves - ground
Sugar

Water
Milk
Tea

Method
Boil (simmer) for some time
Add Milk (1/3rd Milk to 2/3rds Water) and bring back to the boil, just.
Add Tea - (1-2 teaspoons) and give a quick stir, and then strain into a teapot.

I haven't made this recipe yet, but I've tasted it. It is mighty fine Chai. So if you do 'chai' it, drop us a comment and let me know how it went.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hooch said...

nice work, Erica (i assume) with our little friend at the rear end of this page. is it just me, or does it go to the tune of 'let's get physical'?

9/2/06 10:50  
Blogger Erica said...

Tee hee hee, yes, it does go to that tune. Sing along, and do some aerobic dance moves while you do. It's quite fun.

14/2/06 21:30  
Blogger AJ said...

I grimaced and then laughed at your use of try/chai.... :)

*shudder*

15/2/06 18:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home