Tuesday, June 06, 2006

For anyone who can commit this to memory...

This one's mainly for Fanboy, but I hope you all enjoy....


Ballade of Soporific Absorption

Ho! Ho! Yes! Yes! It's very all well,
You may drunk I am think, but I tell you I'm not,
I'm as sound as a fiddle and fit as a bell,
And stable quite ill to see what's what.
I under do stand you surprise a got
When I headed my smear with gooseberry jam;
And I've swallowed, I grant, a beer of lot -
But I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Can I liquor my stand? Why, yes, like hell!
I care not how many a tossed I've pot,
I shall stralk quite weight and not yutter an ell,
My feech will not spalter the least little jot:
If you knownly had own! - well, I gave him a dot,
And I said to him, 'Sergeant, I'll come like a lamb -
The floor it seems like a storm in a yacht,
But I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

For example, to prove it I'll tale you a tell -
I once knew a fellow named Apricot -
I'm sorry, I just chair over a fell -
A trifle - this chap, on a very day hot -
If I hadn't consumed that last whisky of tot! -
As I said now, this fellow, called Abraham -
Ah? One more? Since it's you! Just a do me will spot -
But I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Envoi

So, Prince, you suggest I've bolted my shot?
Well, like what you say, and soul your damn!
I'm an upple litset by the talk you rot -
But I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Sir. J.C. Squire (1884-1958)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hooch said...

any time deedles, any time.

I don't know whether you meant it, but i really like the 'I love/laugh it' pun.

;) Catchya soon. hope the play is going well.

10/6/06 18:41  
Blogger Hooch said...

definately cut it. you wordsmith you!

glad to hear about the play. don't think i'll be able to make it down, but i'll definatly be at the La Mama one (well, maybe I should know the dates before I go committing myself...)

See you soon,

xx

PS. it's cool how your name becomes an open-mouthed smiley it's like a visual/graphic pun.

11/6/06 13:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home