Monday, July 03, 2006

DVD night returns

Hello Fellow Movie lovers....

I know it's been a while (much more than one month, I apologise) so I thought I'd bring back the tradition we all know and love: The DVD night.

We're still half about half way through the Kubricks - thusfar we have watched Paths of Glory, Clockwork Orange, 2001:A Space Oddysey, Lolita and Dr Strangelove. Still to go are Barry Lindon (which goes for 4hrs or something ridiculous), The Shining (delisciously scarey, but perhaps not everybody's cup of tea), Full Metal Jacket (very violent, again with the tea comment), Eyes Wide Shut (lots of sex, more tea), finally there is Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures - a doctumentary on the man himself (I imagine it would be very interesting).

Cast your vote below in the comments section as to what you want to watch. If you're Kubricked out, feel free to make other suggestions.

So I'll see you at my place on Thursday 6th July at 8pm (note the earlier starting time).

5 Comments:

Blogger Hooch said...

sounds great. can't wait to see you :)

5/7/06 10:57  
Blogger Fanboy said...

Hey Uge. I'll be there for sure, a DVD night is just what I need right now! I know you guys are doing Kubrick but I might bring the DVDof Mac: A Cautionary tale (the film I was in) just in case that tickles any ones fancy. Can't wait to see you.

5/7/06 21:30  
Blogger Erica said...

Dee, I have missed out on DVD nights for long romantic walks too - and I'm sure everyone else understands all to well ;)

Please make sure you keep me extremely updated on the goss - I'm going crazy here and need some vicarious living quick smart!

6/7/06 12:12  
Blogger Hooch said...

Dee - sounds great. can't wait to catch up on the goss. I'll walk down to yours tonight...

Fanboy - sounds cool, would be good to see the film.

Erica - see you there.

6/7/06 15:09  
Blogger AJ said...

Sorry I missed DVD night, folks.
It seems like only yesterday we used to watch Buffy and Angel. Ahh, the uni days. Well these are still "uni days" for me, I guess.

Dee, sounds great! V happy 4 u.
Erica, updates about Joffe please...
Hooch, let me know ... stuff! :) How's the Indo religious humour going?

Hopefully see you all on Sun morning.

7/7/06 21:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home