Friday, February 09, 2007

High Tea on the High Seas

Just as I had decided to have a Mad Hatter's Tea Party for my going away theme, I received an sms from Johnny 'Do Ya Want Some' More saying that he's having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party for his birthday. So I hastily changed my plans...

As some of you may or may not know, I have recently been collecting pirates. Not physically, just building up a list in my head of the pirates that I know, i.e. the Dread Pirate Roberts, Le Chuck, Capt. Jack Sparrow, etc.
So I've decided to have a
Pirates' High Tea

instead.

The Rules:
- You must bring a pirate for my collection.
- You get minus points if you double up with a pirate someone else has already brought.
- You may invent your own pirate, but ensure you bring a profile as well as a name (bonus points for inventiveness; minus points if you forget to bring a profile)

I will endeavour to publish a list of the pirates after the event.

So what are the details? I hear you ask. Well...

Where: My place (email me or comment if you don't know where that is and I'll get in touch somehow to let you know)
When: from 4pm, Friday 23rd February, '007

Bring a plate/drink to share.
Please RSVP ASAP

6 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

In a related, yet not pirate, sound from Mutant Enemy (end credits of Buffy and Angel), AJ says "Grrr. Argghh."

Am looking forward to being a pirate, argggh. Will remind me of my 'Twenty-FIRST', as opposed to my 'TWENTY-First' birthday party, Eugenie, which was held on Talk A Pirate Day in 2003. Eugenie will know the different intonations... lol

Some more pirate words: scurvy, mutiny, blackbeard and rum!

12/2/07 18:06  
Blogger AJ said...

Oh Erica, if you read this: Thanks for watching Mysterious Skin with me on Saturday night. My profile art is by the same guy that did Thom York's Eraser artwork. Thanks heaps for the button badge and the sticker. Awesome.

12/2/07 18:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eug, I don't understand. Bring a Pirate? Do I bring pirate names? Dress up as a pirate? Bring pirate figurines? I don't know...your message thing is very confusing.

Andrew

16/2/07 21:43  
Blogger Hooch said...

Hope this helps, Andrew: I have recently been collecting ... a list in my head of the pirates that I know ...You must bring a pirate for my collection

I'm fairly sure that there will be some form of pirate regalia going on, but this is not compulsory. Interpretaions welcome.

20/2/07 12:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool cool

I'm very busy with reading and work at the moment, but I will try my best to assist your cause.

I'll see on Friday around 9.

Andrew

20/2/07 22:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eug!

I sent you an email to ask for help to explain the theme for Friday night!

Please email me back so I can get ready!!

Love Ang Xxx

21/2/07 12:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home