Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ceasefire Campaign

Just received this link from Dee. I thought I'd post it on here instead of emailing it out to everyone. Hopefully you've got time to put your name on the petition.

I've included a bit of a blurb from the website and a link.

Ceasefire Campaign
The world cannot allow the bloodshed in the Middle East to continue. Thousands of innocent civilians have been killed and wounded, almost 1 million made homeless, and a catastrophic larger conflict is possible. We call on US President Bush, UK Prime Minister Blair and the UN Security Council to support UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan's call for an immediate ceasefire and an international force to stabilize the situation.

There is a more detailed description on the website. It takes about 2 seconds to fill out, and represents the sentiments of everyone I know: Stop the fighting.

I know this isn't a political blog, but I'm up for a worthy cause. What about you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Hooch said...

feel free to comment on this issue in this space.

I'd be interested to know if anyone actually signed the petition. If you're down with 'outing ' yourself, drop a line.

I signed it. And I think I'm 'outing' Dee as well, seeing as she sent me the link.

14/8/06 14:59  
Blogger Will said...

Wow that ceasefire really worked wonders! It didn’t even last 8 hours! Rockets were fired last night, Israeli forces didnt retaliate straight away but reported that and further exacerbation would result in the resumption of the full scale attack.... onya guys!!!!

P.S my ford verification was..."JEDIMARN" or "JEDI-MARN" (a Jamaican jedi ide gues, awesome!)

P.P.S i had to reload the window and lost my cool word verification, but i still think its worth a mention.

15/8/06 13:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home