Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ceasefire Campaign

Just received this link from Dee. I thought I'd post it on here instead of emailing it out to everyone. Hopefully you've got time to put your name on the petition.

I've included a bit of a blurb from the website and a link.

Ceasefire Campaign
The world cannot allow the bloodshed in the Middle East to continue. Thousands of innocent civilians have been killed and wounded, almost 1 million made homeless, and a catastrophic larger conflict is possible. We call on US President Bush, UK Prime Minister Blair and the UN Security Council to support UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan's call for an immediate ceasefire and an international force to stabilize the situation.

There is a more detailed description on the website. It takes about 2 seconds to fill out, and represents the sentiments of everyone I know: Stop the fighting.

I know this isn't a political blog, but I'm up for a worthy cause. What about you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel free to comment on this issue in this space.

I'd be interested to know if anyone actually signed the petition. If you're down with 'outing ' yourself, drop a line.

I signed it. And I think I'm 'outing' Dee as well, seeing as she sent me the link.

14/8/06 14:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home