Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My next choir concert (II)

Seeing as my 16th of September choir concert has been somewhat buried under a pile of other posts (which, is great, don't get me wrong: I love that people are using the blog, that's what it's here for), I thought I'd post againt and give you the spiel.

It's going to be an awesome concert, seriously.

We're singing the Rachmaninov Vespers (that's cool, I hear you say)
It's going to be a cappella - That's right, no orchestra, just voices! (even cooler)
It's at BMW Edge - uh huh: FEDERATION SQUARE! (sounds like just the night out I'm after)
It's only $18 concession (whoa! usually you'd pay at least $50, or perhaps $100 for that kind of gig)
There's also a cello sonata by Shostakovich, and we're doing some folk tunes by Svesnikov (these tunes are heaps of fun).
All the choral works WILL BE SUNG IN RUSSIAN!! (so come and hear me test my slavic accent)

Contact me for tickets. If you're into any kind of music, you'll love it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hooch,

Would love to come but I have a pre wedding gathering...aka a bucks night.

Hope it goes well!

Luke

30/8/06 09:31  
Blogger Hooch said...

Hey Eug,

Sorry Dude! Have a Sarah's Hen's night (you met her when you came on that picnic back in summer).

Good luck, hopefully I'll organise something during the week - been a busy bee.

Stayed in the city last weekend with work budies in a seedy place in Kings Street - so funny...we were on level 5 and the floor moved - a little worrying!

Love kel xxx

30/8/06 18:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

full $25
conc $18

10/9/06 11:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home